All photos sourced on my pinterest account
I can see how this trend can be intimidating. But from someone who wears it as a classic, take it from me! It's easy to wear all denim and look chic all while being comfortable and practical. Here are some do's and don'ts for wearing denim.
1. DO mix shades. Wearing super dark wash jeans? Wear a light wash button up.
2. DON'T wear poorly washed and dyed denim. This means don't wear head to toe acid wash.
3. DO aim for raw denim, or denim without a wash. Often these are a bit stiffer and a pure indigo color.
4. DO shop thrift for denim. There's nothing better than saving your planet and picking up a denim jacket to continue its life.
5. DON'T wear all studded denim. No one wants to get hurt in the process of wearing denim.
6. DO pair denim with other blue colors. ie: chambray, navy sweaters etc. Blue is a great color.
7. DO layer your denim. Chilly fall or winter day? Why not hang a long wool coat on your shoulders right over your denim jacket.
8. DON'T wash your denim every day, It wears it too fast. Denim wears better on your body, not in the washing machine.
Now, let's count how many times I've written DENIM! Don't be afraid to pick up overalls either. I am in full support of overalls. But here are practical and easy styles to wear. I am mourning over the fact that all my favorite denim pieces were lost with my luggage. So, I will not be posting my personal outfits in all denim.
Hope you enjoy this post and get inspired to wear all your denim!